Jelly Bean, Jelly Bean – wherefore art thou Jelly Bean….
- Breakfast – 5 slices bacon (230), 1 Yoplait strawberry kiwi yogurt (100)
- Snack – 4 oz. coffee w/ creamer/sweetener (11), 1 C jelly beans (413), 6 oz. water
- Lunch – pot roast (180) w/ gravy (60), potatoes (68), carrots (14) & onions (15), 16 oz. water
- Snack – 8 oz. water, pear halves (60)
- Supper – pot roast (180) w/ gravy (60), potatoes (68), carrots (14) & onions (15)
- Other – 1 Vit. C chewable
Daily Calorie Intake: 1488
Daily Water Intake: 30 oz.
Daily Exercise: TBD
The meal itself isn’t all that bad, calorie count-wise! It’s also a pretty good source of nutrion, I think. I’ll know better after Friday, though! 🙂 Here’s the recipe, in case anyone wants it:
- 2-3 lb. beef roast
- 2-3 carrots (large, not baby)
- 3 medium potatoes (preferably red)
- 1 bay leaf
- Wash carrots & potatoes. Slice potatoes approx. 1/4″ thick & line bottom of Crock Pot with them.
- Slice carrots & onions (cut slices in half, so you don’t end up w/ “rings”); place on top of potatoes.
- Place (thawed) roast on top of veggies & add bay leaf to pot. Cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3 hours.
- Remove roast; pull apart/slice. Serve potatoes/veggies separately.
- If desired, use drippings for gravy. I used a McCormick’s packet instead, b/c I have very little luck with homemade gravy. I’ll use the drippings for a soup stock, I think. 🙂