Well, I’m not a full-fledged participant in the CDC challenge, as I completely missed the entry deadline. . . but who says I can’t audit the class, right? So, here’s my plan:
Priority #1: “Do-It”
- Starting Weight: 213.2 lbs.
- Smaller sized dress: Size 14. I haven’t found the actual dress yet; haven’t had a chance to look, since I came into this a bit late. I may even raid the closet – I’ve been keeping some dresses with sentimental value that I no longer fit into. It’d probably mean more to get back into one of those than to get a new one. Plus, it’d be less expensive. . . which is always a consideration w/ the Hubs still looking for work.
- Daily caloric limit: 1600. I’m going to try tracking via livestrong.com. It seems to be a pretty fluid interface, which is of utmost importance to me – haha. The trick will be getting in front of the computer at the end of every single day.
- Exercise Plan (3 times per week minimum): walk with the Hubs once a week and maybe an altered pace of p90x. . .?
- Strive for consistency: I shall try!
- Hydrate sufficiently: 80 oz. per day
- Reading List: TBD – I’m still looking – any suggestions would be wonderful! I will likely re-read Heaven Is For Real at some point during the challenge.
- Initial post on 9/11/2011: um. . .you’re reading it!
- 2 weekly posts – one must be on Sundays, and must include weight: K, will do.
- Link to Sunday posts Weekly Challenge Check In: Well, as I’m not an official member, I don’t know that this applies.
- Be supportive of other challengers: Yes, ma’am.
- Do. Not. Quit.
Priority #2: Suggested Goals
- Use your online gift: I’m not sure what mine is, truly. In my other blog, I lean toward recipes, simply because it’s a “safe” thing to write about. That’s not really the point here, though.
- Become a quick bounce back-er: Key word: forgive.
- Pre-9/11/2011 preparation: um. . . missed that one! I’ll have to roll it into start-up prep.
- Don’t forget your leader is a frail human: Done, and done! 🙂
- Check with your doctor & pros as needed: Not sure about this one. My past experiences with dietitians / nutritionists hasn’t been very positive. Of course, I have only been to see one. We shall see!
- Work on having faith in yourself: Not sure about this one, either. It’s not that I’m doubting the ability or drive to complete this challenge – though I know it will be just that, a challenge – but the direction of said faith’s placement. In my pithy little “about me” section, I note that one of the things I struggle with is faith. I tend to rely on myself, to place my faith in what I can/must do. That’s a big part of how I got to this point in life, and in this struggle to regain health. I think, for me, I’ll adjust this goal to be “reconnect with Yahweh.”
Well, there you have it! Shall we begin?